With over 20 years of experience in the Information Technology, Microelectronics R & D and Software Development field, Kasra's vision and business acumen has been integral to the success of companies he has been involved with.
He was President & CEO of Ezenet Corp. (TSE:EZE), a leading banking software and IT solutions provider to banks and financial institutions which was purchased by Cognicase INC. Ezenet software solutions are deployed in most of Canada's largest banks, major financial institutions and several trust and insurance companies. The company's client list includes the Bank of Montreal, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, HSBC, Laurentian Bank of Canada, National Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Canada, Merrill Lynch, TD Waterhouse and many others.
Ezenet Corp and Cognicase INC, are now owned and operated by CGI Group - NYSE (GIB) - TSX (GIB.A) - www.cgi.com.
He pioneered advanced internet applications and security while serving as VP of R & D at EZENET Inc. Subsequently he served as President & COO and President & CEO at Ezenet Corp.
After leading the largest financing in the history of the CDNX in year 2000, he secured $50 million in equity financing and positioned EZENET Corporation as a leader in the sector, listed on Toronto Stock Exchange (TSE - EZE).
Kasra is also founder of KazTrix Sofware in Toronto, Canada, an information technology and business consulting firm. Kasra has authored several award winning consumer and commercial software applications including INSTABase Web-Ready, Kaztrix Builder/Publisher and AiAgentz.
Throughout his career, he has gained valuable managerial experience in Information Technology, Research & Development, Software Development, Private and Public Financing, Merger & Acquisitions, and the process of Going Public. With an exceptional network available, he is positioned to provide consulting and guidance to his clients and partners.
2002-Present, KazTrix Software - Toronto, ON
Founder and Developer
2000 EZENET CORPORATION - Toronto, ON
President and Chief Executive Officer
President and Chief Operating Officer
- Led executive group on a road show to achieve successful institutional financing, resulting in gross proceeds of $50 Million dollars in equity financing.
- Successfully completed the North American expansion of the company, expending the core operations to the US Market. Recruited and managed Officers and key talented employees to run the Canadian and US operations and strengthened management team.
- Successfully increased company’s revenue by 37% and cash flow by 50%, resulting in recognition as “one of the best performers for the year”.
Positioning the company as debt free and with financial resources for both expansion and acquisition.
- Enhanced companies market and public recognition by undertaking successful interviews on prime local TV and Radio Stations.
- Assembled and led an acquisition team to identify strategic partners and potential acquisitions to grow the company.
- Accomplished listing on CDNX followed by listing on Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Successfully led the acquisition of “Wealth Management Solutions Inc.”, a profitable software development company for financial institutions.
The transaction resulted in expansion of product offerings to major banks and financial institutions while accelerating entry into US market.
- Following a successful acquisition and merger, streamlined the increase of the employees, senior management and client base.
- Implemented the rollout of first commercial wireless banking application.
About EZENET: Ezenet is a leading banking software and IT solutions provider to banks and financial institutions. Ezenet software solutions are deployed in most of Canada's largest banks, major financial institutions and several trust and insurance companies. The company's client list includes the Bank of Montreal, Scotia Bank, TD Canada Trust, CIBC, HSBC, Laurentian Bank of Canada, National Bank of Canada, Royal Bank of Canada, Merrill Lynch, TD Waterhouse and many others.
1996-2000 EZENET CORPORATION - Toronto, ON
Vice President, Research and Development
- Re-Engineered and established a new R & D department from the ground up.
- Implemented the migration of the company’s legacy financial banking systems to IBM RS6000™ and PowerPC™ Symmetrical Multi-Processor Servers.
- Developed and integrated advanced Internet/Web banking technologies and platforms based on SUN SPARC™ Enterprise servers.
- Assisted in managing the amalgamation of company’s subsidiaries.
- Developed the Company’s first consumer software application INSTABASE, followed by several future releases including INSTABASE Web-Ready.
the product was recognized as the best in its peers, winning many prestigious recognition awards from publications such as: PC MAGAZINE, Houston Chronicle, The Toronto Star, Toronto Computes, PC World, Pittsburgh Tribune, L.A Times, Computing Canada, ZD Net, Business Week, Computer Paper, CNN.com, WINDOWS MAGAZINE,…and more
- Assisted in managing channel distributions in Canada, US and Europe and successfully positioned the company with retail presence all across Canada including Business Depot, Office Depot, and The Office Place.
- Organized and led teams in attendance at several computer industry shows, including CeBIT Germany and COMDEX Las Vegas.
- Engineered a new Disaster-Recovery for clients, based on Multiple- Location DR scenario, including integrated circuits and VPN (Virtual private Networks), resulting in enhanced security and minimizing downtime for the company’s centralized servers. Allowing uninterrupted service, serving banks and financial institutions 24/7.
1992-1996 E.D.S EZER DATA SYSTEMS - Toronto, ON
IT Manager, Systems, R & D
- Built the technical support department form the ground up, resulting in availability of in-house repair services for company’s clients.
- Developed and maintained company’s legacy and new servers, networks, hubs and switches and communication systems, including upgrades, backups, hardware and software enhancements and installations,.
- Conducted a successful overhaul of company’s communication systems from legacy communication protocols (SERIAL) to advanced protocols (TCP/IP).
- Designed and implemented custom software programs to achieve secure automated data transfers across locations.
1991-1992 E.D.S EZER DATA SYSTEMS - Toronto, ON
- Performed on-site and remote hardware and software Installations, trouble-shooting and repairs, network maintenance, technical training, nightly and daily backups.
Education & Certifications
- 1999, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Boston. Massachusetts
Embodied Intelligence. (Certificate)
Covering Humanoid Robotics, Cognitive Robotics and Artificial & Embodied Intelligence.
Student of Rodney Brooks: Fujitsu Professor of Computer Science and Engineering (EECS Dept), and Director of the Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- 1996 – 1998, Microsoft Professional Certification, Toronto, Ontario
Internetworking Microsoft TCP/IP Enterprise environment.
Design and Implementing Microsoft Internet Information Server/Proxy Enterprise.
Microsoft Windows NT Server – Enterprise Technologies.
Microsoft Windows NT Administration – Enterprise Technologies.
Supporting Microsoft Windows NT Server– Core Technologies.
Implementing and supporting Microsoft NT System Management Server.
- 1991-1991 CDI Institute, Toronto, Ontario.
“The C programming Language”, (Certificate)
- 1989 -1991, Herzing Institute, Toronto, Ontario
Micro-Computer Electronics Technology
Technologist Degree, Received Honor Roll
- Goal-oriented with strong knowledge of research and development in Information Technologies, Computers, Software Applications, Web Applications, Internet communications.
- Strong leadership abilities and experience, solid administrative and management skills.
Proven results in identifying research opportunities, planning and conducting research and development.
Experience in building and marketing software applications for personal computers and Internet, building and managing enterprise systems and Internet server technologies.
- Results-oriented, hands-on experience in planning, building, testing, marketing projects in R&D environment.
Professional Societies and Affiliations
- Senior Member, IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers)
- Ezenet Corp, Ezenet USA,Wealth Management Solutions Inc, CS-Live
Technical Skills / Experiences:
Hardware platforms: PC, IBM RS6000, PowerPC, Sun Sparc Servers.
OS & Software: DOS, NT, Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Win7, Win8, Unix (IBM AIX / SUN Solaris), Apple OS X.
Java, PHP, C++ , RAD.
(Continue - P2)